Research Initiative Awards
Bionorica Global Research Award
Each year, Bionorica and the Society for Medicinal Plant and Natural Product Research sponsor the Bionorica Phytoneering Award, acknowledging outstanding research in the field of development and application of phytopharmaceutical products.
The aim of the award is to motivate young scientists to perform research in the following areas:
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of herbal medicinal products and their active ingredients
- Clinical research in the areas of respiratory tract infections, inflammation, women’s health, and metabolic syndrome
- Safety and pharmacovigilance studies
Bionorica assigns great importance to the high scientific standards of the award and receives support from its partners selecting deserving recipients.
Global Research Initiative
In 2013–2014, Bionorica awarded $1 million to junior researchers for the study of innovative research in the new development of herbal medicine.
Global Research Award Winners
- Queens University Belfast, Ireland
Human in-vitro - modulatory properties of plant=based medicines
- University Hospital Ghent, Belgium
Analysis of the molecular mechanisms involved in the anti-inflammatory action of an herbal preparation on chronic rhino sinusitis
- University of Hull, England
Research effect of natural agonists and antagonists of the airway irritant receptors in vitro
Gynecology / Osteoporosis
- Technical University Dresden, Germany
Research effects of a hops extract on osteoporosis
- Moscow State University, Russia
Investigation the mechanism of action of an herbal preparation on endometrial mesenchymal stem cells
- University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany
Study on the effects of Arnebia euchroma extracts on different stages of wound healing